Fire Museum Colonial Complex - Bob Logg House Colonial Complex - Colonial Courthouse Colonial Complex - Golden Plough Tavern & Gates House Agricultural & Industrial Museum Bonham House Historical Society Museum
Membership   |   My Account   |   View Cart

       
 
General Information - Frequently Asked Questions - Collection Description - Genealogy Basics York County History Research By-Mail Services - Genealogy Request - Family Reports Request - Obituary Request - Property Research Special Collections - Architectural Drawing Collection - Business Records - Grant Voaden Mill Collection - Civil War Soldiers: York/Adams - PA Civil War Damage Claims - The Devers Collection - The Griess Research Collection - Movie Film Collection - John Durang




 
LIBRARY & ARCHIVES - Movie Film Collection
 
  Recently awarded an Archives and Records Management grant funded by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission the York County Heritage Trust digitally transferred and archival stored thirty-five reels of silent 16mm film. Totally over 13,000 feet this film collection focuses on events and gatherings in York County ranging from 1923 to 1960. The majority of this collection was filmed and shown by a York County couple, Charles Noss and his wife Carrye. In addition to the Noss films, there were seven reels totaling over 2,700 feet that documented York City in 1941. The final 800 feet of film converted were promotional films by George Z. Byler for the Thompson Business College. They captured 1940 business and classroom scenes for both the York and Harrisburg area. This grant also provided for a new computer in the Library & Archives reading room to provide public access.

Click here to view the Movie Film finding aide.


 
 
 
  Home  |  Visitor Guide  |  Education & Programming  |  Exhibits & Collections  |  Library & Archives  |  YCHT Shop  |  Special Events  |  Join & Contribute  |  About YCHT
  Volunteer  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms & Conditions

  York County Heritage Trust • 250 East Market Street, York, PA 17403 • 717.848.1587 • 717.812.1204 (fax)
  © 2012 York County Heritage Trust
  Site by Double Dog Communications