The York County Heritage Trust is pleased to announce the following employment opportunities:
Position Title: Library Registrar
Department: Library & Archives
Status: part time, hourly
Supervisor: Director of Library & Archives
The Library Registrar must be familiar with standard archival arrangement procedures and display strong organizational and communication skills. Under the guidance of the Director of the Library & Archives and the Assistant Director they will work on ongoing and retrospective cataloging and data entry. Familiarity with computers, scanners and digital cameras as well as Microsoft programs a must.
Primary Duties (includes but is not limited to):
· Properly clean and organize the donations and recent acquisitions accepted for the Library & Archives collection
· complete in a timely fashion the proper paperwork with detailed descriptions of each donation
· Maintain monthly library donor report
· Continue to arrange, describe, and create finding aids for the existing Library & Archives collections improving community access
· Add images to the Trust’s Museum program, Past Perfect by using either a digital camera or scanner
· Provide input concerning short, intermediate, and long range planning relating to Library & Archives activity
· Assist patrons and volunteers in the Library & Archives Reading Room as needed
· Help implement policies concerning collections use, taking into consideration conservation of the material, as well as accessibility to the public.
· Work with other Trust staff, volunteers, and committees on projects that utilize Library & Archives resources.
· All other duties as needed
The minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree in American Studies, History, or Library Science or related field. Consideration is also given for library or archival experience.
This position requires excellent interpersonal skills in working with staff members, donors, interns, volunteers and visitors. Individual must be a team player and make decisions keeping the best interests of the organization in mind. Solid organizational skills are necessary to maintain or manage all library and archival records.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references by January 9, 2015 to Lila Fourhman-Shaull, Director of Library & Archives, by email email@example.com with Library Registrar in the subject line or by mail to 250 East Market Street, York, PA 17403. If sending electronically please send application materials as a single attachment. No phone calls please.